THE BLUE HIGHWAY: Avalon Mayor Martin Pagliughi spoke at Monday evening’s dredging forum, in which officials discussed the often-complex issue of dredging local waterways. Issues ranged from the complex permitting process to the need for a common sense-based approach to regulatory guidelines. A variety of stakeholders attended the meeting, including owners of local marinas, commercial fishermen, and owners of private boats and waterfront properties, many of whom voiced concerns about “the blue highway,” including shallow navigation channels and boats unable to enter or exit marinas at low tide. Representatives from the NJDEP and Army Corps of Engineers participated in the forum, along with Congressman Frank Lobiondo. It’s encouraging to know that officials at all levels are looking for ways to make the dredging process smoother, as it’s critical to Cape May County’s economy to keep local waterways navigable.
Long & Foster friend Joe Van Thuyne captured this glorious Avalon sunrise on a recent morning! Do you have a great Island photo you’d like to share? Send it to me!
THIRTY-YEAR MORTGAGE RATES INCHED UP to an average of 3.82% last week, marking twelve consecutive weeks that rates have been below 4%. Fifteen-year rates averaged 3.03%, also up slightly. Whether you’re considering a purchase or a refinance, lock in your borrowing costs now, while rates are near historical lows. For reliable mortgage lenders, please call or email me!
10,000 DUNE GRASS STOLONS were planted in Avalon last week, by 75 volunteers. The new grass will help stabilize the dunes, preventing erosion and providing storm protection. Aerial fertilization of the new dune grass is expected to occur this week.
A LITTLE FRIENDLY COMPETITION: The first annual Mayor’s Bocce Tournament was held last Saturday at Avalon’s 39th Street Park. Avalon Mayor Martin Pagliughi and his team defeated Stone Harbor Mayor Suzanne Walters and her team. While Avalon holds the Bocce Cup for now, a rematch is slated for October, 2016.
YANK MARINE in nearby Upper Township will be featured in an upcoming reality television series on National Geographic Channel. A film crew spent two months at the boatyard earlier this year, as workers went about their business building and repairing vessels. John Yank founded the business nearly fifty years ago along the banks of the Tuckahoe River. Recent Yank Marine projects include the construction of two Hudson River ferries, as well as the maintenance of 87-foot Coast Guard Patrol Boats stationed in Cape May. For more on Yank Marine and the upcoming show, click here: http://www.
- Sea Isle City’s Halloween Parade, 45th Street to 40th Street & Landis Avenue, Dance Party follows the parade at Excursion Park, 7PM, Friday, October 23
- Fall Beach Sweep sponsored by Clean Ocean Action & the Wetlands Institute, Avalon & Stone Harbor, bags, gloves & data sheets will be provided to volunteers, meet at 95th Street beach entrance,9AM-Noon, Saturday, October 24
- Middle Township’s Harvest Festival, 120 vendors, crafts, music, costume contest, more, downtown area of Mechanic Street, 10AM-5PM, Saturday, October 24
- Stone Harbor’s Harvest Festival, hayrides, pumpkin decorating, trick or treating in the shops, fun for all, 96th Street Shopping District, 11AM-5PM, Saturday, October 24
- Cape May County Zoo Adults Only Night Walk, quiet after hours tour of the zoo, 6:30-8:30PM, Saturday, October 24
- Snow Leopard Day at the Cape May County Zoo, programs, activities & zookeeper talks regarding snow leopards, 11AM-2PM, Sunday, October 25
- Stone Harbor Bulk Pick-up, items to curb up to 72 hours prior to pick-up on Monday, October 26
- Avalon’s Trunk or Treat Halloween Event, 30th Street Parking Lot at Community Hall, 5-7PM, Friday, October 30
- Stone Harbor & Avalon’s Town Wide Halloween Trick or Treating, 5-8PM, Saturday, October 31
- IPad Workshop, using iMovie to create video invites, etc, Avalon Public Library, call 609-967-7155 to register, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, November 7
- Big Band Dance, music by Triple Play, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, November 7
- Avalon’s Veteran’s Day Ceremony, Veteran’s Plaza, 11AM, Wednesday, November 11
- Stone Harbor American Legion Post Veterans’ Day Ceremony, 11617 Second Avenue, Noon, Wednesday, November 11
- Avalon Home & Land Owners’ Association Meeting, Speaker is Avalon’s Business Administrator Scott Wahl, Avalon Senior Center, 10AM, Saturday, November 14
- Cape May County‘s Disabilities Awareness Day, Avalon Community Hall, 10AM, Saturday, November 14
- Sea Isle City’s Girls’ Weekend, specials & discounts in participating shops, restaurants & bars, Friday, Saturday & Sunda
y, November 20, 21 & 22
- Avalon’s Festival of Trees, The Whitebrier, 5PM, Wednesday, November 25
- 4th Annual Turkey Trot, Avalon Community Hall, 10AM, Friday, November 27
- Stone Harbor’s Island Holiday Celebration, family fun, Merchants Hospitality Night, pet parade, downtown shopping district, 10AM-9PM both days, Friday & Saturday, November 27 & 28
- Avalon’s Festive Friday, over 40 family friendly holiday activities plus Santa Claus, Avalon Shopping District, 11AM-6PM, Friday, November 27
- Avalon’s Festival of Trees, The Whitebrier, Noon-8PM, Friday, November 27
- Wetlands Institute Wonderland, family activities, scavenger hunts, aquarium feedings, crafts, more, 9:30AM-3PM, Saturday, November 28
- Avalon’s Snowfest Saturday, rides, games, music, lots of family fun throughout Avalon’s downtown area, 11AM-4PM, Saturday, November 28
- Stone Harbor’s Gala Christmas Parade, music, floats, Santa & Mrs. Claus, 6PM, Saturday, November 28
Enjoy life in this beautiful, fully furnished, 6 bedroom/5.5 bath home in Avalon’s desirable South-end. Walk just 1.5 blocks to the widest section of Avalon’s beaches. If you would rather be pool-side, you will love this unique and amazing cabana.
249 76th St., Avalon, $2,195,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165654
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
385 93rd St., Stone Harbor, $2,295,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165563
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
115 120th St., Stone Harbor, $2,295,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165421
South-end Stone Harbor beach front just reduced by $600K, to under assessed value. Enjoy magnificent ocean views in front of the widest section of Stone Harbor’s beaches. This beautiful D.L. Miner built home sits on a 60′ x 110′ lot and has a pool.
103 119th St., Stone Harbor, $5,395,000, MLS# 162648
Renovated 4 bedroom Bayfront just listed at below assessed value. Enjoy the view all the way down Pleasure Bay in Stone Harbor; the good life on the bay awaits you! This property is a winner.
423 104th St., Stone Harbor, $1,439,000, ACTIVE MLS# 166468 – Under Contract
Just 2 blocks from the widest section of Avalon’s beaches, this stunning, 5 bedroom townhome also has bay/wetlands & sunset views. There is lots of room in this 3-story property with a garage. Just bring your bathing suits; this winner is in perfect move-in condition.
6840 Ocean Dr., Avalon, $1,095,000, ACTIVE MLS# 166325 – Under Contract
Walk to everything in town from this professionally decorated 5 bedroom home with a pool. Never been rented, this 2009 home is move-in ready and priced right.
159 20th St., Avalon, $1,780,000, MLS# 165643 – Under Contract
Just one block to the beach and walk to everything in town from this 5 bedroom home on a full-size lot. Hardwood floors, upgraded kitchen and room for a pool, this home is priced right. Want to rent? This property had over $80K income this season.
133 34th St., Avalon, $1,695,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165661 – Under Contract
Just listed, this is the only available unit in The Avalon condos at 700 First Ave. This popular building has a large pool and inlet views from the condo.
115 119th St., Stone Harbor, $2,095,000, ACTIVE MLS# 160910
Tucked away with a bay view, but close to the beach & restaurants, this professionally decorated stunning home with a pool is a winner! Take a look at the photos.
314 76th St., Avalon, $2,275,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165333
Stone Harbor bayfront just reduced by $300K. This recently remodeled property opposite the Yacht Club of Stone Harbor, is now priced under assessed land value. Enjoy bayfront living in this house or build your dream house. This is a great bay for swimming.
9011 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,495,000, MLS# 159494 – Under Contract
This 4 bedroom/3.5 bath Stone Harbor townhouse is surprising, it feels like a single-family home, without the single-family home price. The location is convenient to town, restaurants, and the beach. Take a look!
150 96th St., Unit 1, Stone Harbor, $525,000, ACTIVE MLS# 156106 – Reduced!
401 24 Street Unit A, Avalon, $795,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166653
262 26th Street Street, Avalon, $849,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166742
471 7th Street, Avalon, $1,200,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166728
226 108th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,295,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166662
699 Sunrise Drive, Avalon, $1,475,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166692
152 26th Street, Avalon, $1,525,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166743
3268 First Avenue, Avalon, $2,399,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166706
234 76th Street, Avalon, $2,399,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166753
290 79th Street #15, Avalon, $525,000, SOLD MLS#: 164268
3249 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $655,000, SOLD MLS#: 164374
220 99th Street, Stone Harbor, $830,000, SOLD MLS#: 162561
1100 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $835,000, SOLD MLS#: 165603
129 105th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,675,000, SOLD MLS#: 160887
919 Dune Drive, Avalon, $1,900,000, SOLD MLS#: 163941
213 105th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,975,000, SOLD MLS#: 161630
104 115th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,600,000, SOLD MLS#: 165226