DREDGING OF COUNTY WATERWAYS will be discussed by a variety of local, county, state, and federal officials at a forum on Monday, October 19th. Topics of discussion will include legislation, fish habitats, disposal of dredge material, as well as solutions to dredging-related problems. Speakers are expected from the US Army Corps of Engineers, Stockton Coastal Research Center, and the NJ Department of Environmental Protection, as well as Congressman Frank Lobiondo. Cost to attend is $20; for more information call (609) 465-7181, or visit www.
Dredging has been a hot topic among local Bayfront property owners as well as boaters, as many local waterways are quite shallow at low tide. Avalon and Stone Harbor have both undertaken dredging projects to deepen local back bay waterways. Avalon is in the second year of its project, while Stone Harbor’s dredging is expected to begin later this month.
A boat heads south in the Intra-Coastal Waterway as the sun gets low in an October sky.
IF YOU’D LIKE TO PLANT DUNE GRASS this weekend, your help is appreciated! Please contact Chuck McDonnell at Community Hall (609-967-3066) or Sue Keen at Mayor Pagliughi’s office (609-967-5924) with questions or to sign up. Volunteers will report to Avalon Community Hall at 8:30am Saturday, October 17th, for donuts and coffee as well as a planting demonstration. Transportation and a complimentary lunch will be provided!
STONE HARBOR’S HARVEST FESTIVAL returns Saturday, October 24th from 11am to 5pm. Bring the family for trick or treating at local shops and businesses, plus crafts, activities, and free hay rides.
OCTOBER MIDWEEK GETAWAYS at The Golden Inn begin at just $149 per couple—a great way to enjoy a bit of the fall season at the shore! To book a Golden Inn getaway package, visit http://goldeninn.com/
SEA ISLE CITY’S ACME and several adjoining stores met the wrecking ball last week. The 9,000 square-foot Acme had been there since 1959, but will be replaced by a 26,000 square-foot store for summer 2016. Rick’s Breakfast House and Uncle Oogie’s Pizza will move into a new 6,400 square-foot building on the site.
PLAN AHEAD FOR WINTER—call your plumber to schedule the shutdown of your outside shower and water lines, and other house winterizing jobs. The off season is also a great time to undertake major projects, when contractors and vendors aren’t quite so busy. Whether you’re painting a room or two, ordering new furniture or appliances, or remodeling your entire house, get started now to avoid the spring “jam up!”
Need a recommendation for a contractor or other service provider? Email or call me!
- Stone Harbor Lions Club Memorial Pancake Breakfast, Uncle Bill’s Pancake House, 304-96th Street, 8AM-Noon, Saturday, October 17
- Lighthouse Challenge, visit participating lighthouses, 2 museums & 2 life saving stations, www.
LighthouseChallengeNJ.org for info, 8AM-6PM, Saturday & Sunday, October 17 & 18
- Avalon Volunteer Dune Grass Planting, meet at 8:30AM at Avalon Community Hall for coffee, donuts & planting demo, 9AM start of planting, return to Community Hall at noon for a free lunch, register with Sue Keen at 609-967-5924, Rescheduled date…Now Saturday, October 17
- Avalon Mayor’s Cup Bocce Tournament, call 609-967-3066 for info, 39th Street Park, 10AM, Saturday, October 17
- Avalon Library Creative Writing Session, tips on poetry, memoirs, short stories, articles & books, call 609-967-7155 for info or to register, Avalon Public Library, 10 AM-Noon, Saturday, October 17
- Boo at the Zoo, family friendly activities all day long, costume contest, craft stations, children’s amusement rides, magic show, Cape May County Zoo, 10AM-2PM, Saturday, October 17
- Sea Isle City’s Octoberfest, German music, vendors, free beach hayrides, kids’ activities, more, Excursion Park at JFK Boulevard & Pleasure Avenue, 11AM-3PM, Saturday, October 17
- Avalon Lions Club Pasta Night Fundraiser, Windrift Hotel, 5-8PM, Sunday October 18
- Sea Isle City’s Halloween Parade, 45th Street to 40th Street & Landis Avenue, Dance Party follows the parade at Excursion Park, 7PM, Friday, October 23
- Fall Beach Sweep sponsored by Clean Ocean Action & the Wetlands Institute, Avalon & Stone Harbor, bags, gloves & data sheets will be provided to volunteers, meet at 95th Street beach entrance, 9AM-Noon, Saturday, October 24
- Stone Harbor’s Harvest Festival, hayrides, pumpkin decorating, trick or treating in the shops, 96th Street Shopping District, 11AM-5PM, Saturday, October 24
- Cape May County Zoo Adults Only Night Walk, quiet after hours tour of the zoo, 6:30-8:30PM, Saturday, October 24
- Snow Leopard Day at the Cape May County Zoo, programs, activities & zookeeper talks regarding snow leopards, 11AM-2PM, Sunday, October 25
- Avalon’s Trunk or Treat Halloween Event, 30th Street Parking Lot at Community Hall, 5-7PM, Friday, October 30
- Stone Harbor’s Town Wide Halloween Trick or Treating, 5-8PM, Saturday, October 31
Just reduced by $200K, this spectacular 6 bedroom home with a pool and wraparound porch sits on an oversize 70 x 110 lot. Beautiful decor, this property must be seen.
385 93rd St., Stone Harbor, $2,295,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165563
Just reduced by $400K, this home sits on an oversize beach block corner lot, it’s the 4th house from the beach. Utility poles and wires are being removed from this block to enhance your ocean view. This is an opportunity at $ 2.295m.
115 120th St., Stone Harbor, $2,295,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165421
South-end Stone Harbor beach front just reduced by $600K, to under assessed value. Enjoy magnificent ocean views in front of the widest section of Stone Harbor’s beaches. This beautiful D.L. Miner built home sits on a 60′ x 110′ lot and has a pool.
103 119th St., Stone Harbor, $5,395,000, MLS# 162648
Renovated 4 bedroom Bayfront just listed at below assessed value. Enjoy the view all the way down Pleasure Bay in Stone Harbor; the good life on the bay awaits you! This property is a winner.
423 104th St., Stone Harbor, $1,439,000, ACTIVE MLS# 166468 – Under Contract
Just 2 blocks from the widest section of Avalon’s beaches, this stunning, 5 bedroom townhome also has bay/wetlands & sunset views. There is lots of room in this 3-story property with a garage. Just bring your bathing suits; this winner is in perfect move-in condition.
6840 Ocean Dr., Avalon, $1,095,000, ACTIVE MLS# 166325 – Under Contract
Walk to everything in town from this professionally decorated 5 bedroom home with a pool. Never been rented, this 2009 home is move-in ready and priced right.
159 20th St., Avalon, $1,780,000, MLS# 165643 – Under Contract
Just one block to the beach and walk to everything in town from this 5 bedroom home on a full-size lot. Hardwood floors, upgraded kitchen and room for a pool, this home is priced right. Want to rent? This property had over $80K income this season.
133 34th St., Avalon, $1,695,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165661 – Under Contract
Just listed, this is the only available unit in The Avalon condos at 700 First Ave. This popular building has a large pool and inlet views from the condo.
115 119th St., Stone Harbor, $2,095,000, ACTIVE MLS# 160910
Tucked away with a bay view, but close to the beach & restaurants, this professionally decorated stunning home with a pool is a winner! Take a look at the photos.
314 76th St., Avalon, $2,275,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165333
Enjoy the wonderful unobstructed bay/wetlands/sunset views from this renovated townhouse located at the end of a private drive. Wide decks, 2 floating docks and two boat slips. Just reduced.
290 79th St., #15, Avalon, $535,000, ACTIVE MLS# 164268 – Under Contract
Stone Harbor bayfront just reduced by $300K. This recently remodeled property opposite the Yacht Club of Stone Harbor, is now priced under assessed land value. Enjoy bayfront living in this house or build your dream house. This is a great bay for swimming.
9011 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,495,000, MLS# 159494 – Under Contract
This 4 bedroom/3.5 bath Stone Harbor townhouse is surprising, it feels like a single-family home, without the single-family home price. The location is convenient to town, restaurants, and the beach. Take a look!
150 96th St., Unit 1, Stone Harbor, $525,000, ACTIVE MLS# 156106 – Reduced!
727b Stone Harbor Boulevard, Stone Harbor Manor, $225,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166627
7929 DUNE DR. UNIT 107, Avalon, $319,990, ACTIVE MLS#: 166616
45 Seabreeze Lane, Avalon Manor, $450,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166625
292 33rd Street, Avalon, $699,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166634
243 20, Avalon, $750,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166611
3418 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,299,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166551
31 33 41 45 &49 Seabreeze Lane, Avalon Manor, $2,000,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166628
45 E 11th Street, Avalon, $2,395,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166564
813 Sunrise Drive, Avalon, $2,995,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166648
558 Berkley Rd., Stone Harbor, $8,500,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166638
33 Channel Road, Avalon Manor, $500,000, SOLD MLS#: 162320
265 98th Street Unit B, Stone Harbor, $570,000, SOLD MLS#: 165017
10801 Third Avenue Unit 5, Stone Harbor, $570,000, SOLD MLS#: 160911
3249 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $655,000, SOLD MLS#: 164374
296 65th, Avalon, $655,000, SOLD MLS#: 163801
8207 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $900,000, SOLD MLS#: 162639
598 24th Street, Avalon, $925,000, SOLD MLS#: 166007
776 21st, Avalon, $950,000, SOLD MLS#: 166116
159 26th Street, Avalon, $960,000, SOLD MLS#: 164223
215 120th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,300,000, SOLD MLS#: 161844
114 110th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,400,000, SOLD MLS#: 164822
6709 Dune Drive, Avalon, $2,225,000, SOLD MLS#: 160717
5058 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $3,000,000, SOLD MLS#: 151913
90 Pelican Drive, Avalon, $4,350,000, SOLD MLS#: 165294