MOSTLY SUNNY SKIES are expected through the weekend, with a chance of showers Friday evening to Satu
LAST WEEK’S WEATHER pattern brought northeast winds and rain to the area over a period of several days. Coastal flooding and beach erosion occurred over several high tide cycles, before the winds and tides subsided. Generally speaking property damage was very minimal, with only the very lowest of properties threatened by the flooding.
AVALON DUNE GRASS PLANTING has been rescheduled to October 17th. Volunteers should report to Avalon Community Hall at 8:30am for donuts, coffee, and a planting demonstration. Tools and transportation will be provided, followed by a complimentary lunch at Community Hall. For questions or to sign up for the planting, please contact Chuck McDonnell at Community Hall (609-967-3066) or Sue Keen in Mayor Pagliughi’s office(609-967-5924).
During a very high tide last weekend a sailboat floated across the marsh just a couple of hundred yards from Stone Harbor Boulevard, as seen here. Receding waters later left the sailboat grounded in an area that is normally too shallow to navigate. No word yet on what caused the boat to get so far off course.
THE TOWNSEND’S INLET BRIDGE will close again for two months beginning in early December, following a period of alternating single-lane traffic patterns in November. The upcoming closure will see work performed on the roadway on the Avalon end of the bridge, along with reinforcement of the seawall on the ocean side and the installation of rip-rap on the bay side. The work is part of a multi-year project to repair and upgrade the bridge and roadway that connect Avalon to Sea Isle City.
A NEW LIBRARY will soon rise at 96th Street and Second Avenue in Stone Harbor, as county and local officials broke ground on September 30th at the site. The new library will be 9,400 square feet, and is expected to be finished in October 2016.
- Cape May County Zoo Night Walk, after hours tour of the zoo, 6:30-8:30PM, Friday, October 9
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Association Meeting, Karen DeRosa of CASA speaking on programs providing care for abused & neglected children, Avalon Senior Center, 10AM, Saturday, October 10
- Avalon Library Genealogy Workshop: Beginning Your Family Research, Call 609-967-7155 for info or to register, Avalon Public Library,10AM-Noon, Saturday, October 10
- Avalon Chamber of Commerce Seafood Festival, food, music, beer & wine, kids’ activities, more, 30th Street parking lot, 10AM-5PM, Saturday & Sunday, October 10 & 11
- American Legion Post #331 Barbeque, call 609-408-7429 or 609-402-
1824 for info, 4:30-7:30PM, Saturday, October 10
- Big Band Dance, John Clark’s Little Big Band, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, October 10
- Stone Harbor Lions Club Memorial Pancake Breakfast, Uncle Bill’s Pancake House, 304-96th Street, 8AM-Noon, Saturday, October 17
- Avalon Library Creative Writing Session, tips on poetry, memoirs, short stories, articles & books, call 609-967-7155 for info or to register, Avalon Public Library, 10 AM-Noon, Saturday, October 17
- Boo at the Zoo, family friendly activities all day long, costume contest, craft stations, children’s amusement rides, magic show, Cape May County Zoo, 10AM-2PM, Saturday, October 17
- Avalon Lions Club Pasta Night Fundraiser, Windrift Hotel, 5-8PM, Sunday October 18
- Stone Harbor’s Harvest Festival, hayrides, pumpkin decorating, trick or treating in the shops, 96th Street Shopping District, 11AM-5PM, Saturday, October 24
- Cape May County Zoo Adults Only Night Walk, quiet after hours tour of the zoo, 6:30-8:30PM, Saturday, October 24
- Snow Leopard Day at the Cape May County Zoo, programs, activities & zookeeper talks regarding snow leopards, 11AM-2PM, Sunday, October 25
- Avalon’s Trunk or Treat Halloween Event, 30th Street Parking Lot at Community Hall, 5-7PM, Friday, October 30
- Stone Harbor’s Town Wide Halloween Trick or Treating, 5-8PM, Saturday, October 31
South-end Stone Harbor beach front just reduced by $600K, to under assessed value. Enjoy magnificent ocean views in front of the widest section of Stone Harbor’s beaches. This beautiful D.L. Miner built home sits on a 60′ x 110′ lot and has a pool.
103 119th St., Stone Harbor, $5,395,000, MLS# 162648
Renovated 4 bedroom Bayfront just listed at below assessed value. Enjoy the view all the way down Pleasure Bay in Stone Harbor; the good life on the bay awaits you! This property is a winner.
423 104th St., Stone Harbor, $1,439,000, ACTIVE MLS# 166468 – Under Contract
Just 2 blocks from the widest section of Avalon’s beaches, this stunning, 5 bedroom townhome also has bay/wetlands & sunset views. There is lots of room in this 3-story property with a garage. Just bring your bathing suits; this winner is in perfect move-in condition.
6840 Ocean Dr., Avalon, $1,095,000, ACTIVE MLS# 166325 – Under Contract
Walk to everything in town from this professionally decorated 5 bedroom home with a pool. Never been rented, this 2009 home is move-in ready and priced right.
159 20th St., Avalon, $1,780,000, MLS# 165643 – Under Contract
Just one block to the beach and walk to everything in town from this 5 bedroom home on a full-size lot. Hardwood floors, upgraded kitchen and room for a pool, this home is priced right. Want to rent? This property had over $80K income this season.
133 34th St., Avalon, $1,695,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165661 – Under Contract
Just listed, this is the only available unit in The Avalon condos at 700 First Ave. This popular building has a large pool and inlet views from the condo.
115 119th St., Stone Harbor, $2,095,000, ACTIVE MLS# 160910
Tucked away with a bay view, but close to the beach & restaurants, this professionally decorated stunning home with a pool is a winner! Take a look at the photos.
314 76th St., Avalon, $2,275,000, ACTIVE MLS# 165333
Enjoy the wonderful unobstructed bay/wetlands/sunset views from this renovated townhouse located at the end of a private drive. Wide decks, 2 floating docks and two boat slips. Just reduced.
290 79th St., #15, Avalon, $535,000, ACTIVE MLS# 164268 – Under Contract
Stone Harbor bayfront just reduced by $300K. This recently remodeled property opposite the Yacht Club of Stone Harbor, is now priced under assessed land value. Enjoy bayfront living in this house or build your dream house. This is a great bay for swimming.
9011 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,495,000, MLS# 159494 – Under Contract
This 4 bedroom/3.5 bath Stone Harbor townhouse is surprising, it feels like a single-family home, without the single-family home price. The location is convenient to town, restaurants, and the beach. Take a look!
150 96th St., Unit 1, Stone Harbor, $525,000, ACTIVE MLS# 156106 – Reduced!
177 80th Street, Avalon, $329,900, ACTIVE MLS#: 166512
204 99th Street, Stone Harbor, $529,900, ACTIVE MLS#: 166525
1127 Stone Harbor Boulevard, Stone Harbor Manor, $750,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166542
700 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $799,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166521
8124 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $815,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166362
789 Sunrise Drive, Avalon, $1,695,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166490
204 45th Street, Avalon, $1,950,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166545
19 Heron Drive, Avalon, $3,495,000, ACTIVE MLS#: 166513
695 21st Street A-1st, Avalon, $351,000, SOLD MLS#: 165268
278 83rd Street, Stone Harbor, $590,000, SOLD MLS#: 157696
25 Marine Way, Avalon, $995,000, SOLD MLS#: 160352
1206 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $1,100,000, SOLD MLS#: 166501
643 Sunrise Drive, Avalon, $1,325,000, SOLD MLS#: 164218
9415 First Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,630,000, SOLD MLS#: 160884
129 105th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,675,000, SOLD MLS#: 160887
201 86th Street, Stone Harbor, $2,075,000, SOLD MLS#: 154217
93 E 20th Street, Avalon, $3,250,000, SOLD MLS#: 165321