IF YOU ARE ON THE ISLAND THIS WEEKEND, come say hello and see a stunning, 5 bedroom townhome with bay/wetlands/sunset views. This 3-story property has a garage and is in perfect move-in condition. 6840 Ocean Dr., Avalon. I will be having an open house on Saturday, 26th, from 12 – 3 pm. Click on the link in Value Alerts, below, for photos or watch this Virtual Tour.
An 1/8 MILE WALKING AND RUNNING TRACK was recently opened by the Avalon School District at the Elementary School. Adjacent to the track is new exercise equipment and a resurfaced basketball court. Avalon Elementary School Students had a chance to jog a ceremonial first lap around the track on the first day of school. When not in use by the school district the track will be available to the public.
HOW ABOUT A SUNSET WINE CRUISE? The Cape May Lewes Ferry is offering three more wine cruises this fall, on September 26th, October 3rd, and October 10th. Cruises depart the Cape May ferry terminal at 6pm and feature a variety of wines, live music, and fabulous views of the sunset over Delaware Bay! Visit www.CMLF.com for more on wine cruises and other ferry trips.
WATCH THE SKIES the night of September 27th into the early morning hours ofSeptember 28th for a Super Blood Moon lunar eclipse. The moon, at its perigee, or closest point to earth, will appear up to 14% larger than normal. It will also pass behind the earth, putting it in shadow and giving it a red color. The last time this event occurred was 1982, and it won’t happen again until 2033. Click here for a brief video explaining the event: http://www.space.com/
A PAPER SHREDDING EVENT has been sponsored by the Cape May County Association of Realtors on October 24th, from 11am to 12 noon. Bring your bags or boxes of papers to the CMCAR office at 1546 Route 9 in Swainton. No plastic, metal, or binder clips please (paper clips and staples are ok). Your documents will be placed in bins and fed into a mobile shredding unit. All paper will be recycled!
ONE FROM THE HISTORY FILE: The year was 1967 and Phil & Eddie’s Surf Club in nearby Wildwood had a heck of a summer line up on the calendar. Performing that summer were Bobby Rydell, Frankie Avalon, The Everly Brothers, Bobby Vinton, and The Platters! The Surf Club sure lived up to its “Home of the Stars” slogan that summer! Were you there to take in one or more of these performances in person? Let me know! Thanks to Diane Myers of California for sharing this memory with us!
NOTICE SOMETHING DIFFERENT? I’ve moved to Ferguson Dechert Real Estate! It’s a good move for me; I wanted to be with a smaller privately owned office that specializes in the 7 Mile Island. I’m excited about working with the very professional staff at Ferguson Dechert, and continuing to serve you, my friends and clients. My cell phone will always remain the same, 703-622-3668. If you need anything, give me a call. As always, I’m here to help you with your real estate needs on our special island.
- Cape May County Zoo Night Walk, an after-hours tour of the zoo, 6:30-8:30PM, Friday, September 25
- Avalon’s Performing Arts Council Cabaret Night, Billy Joel Tribute, Avalon’s Community Hall, doors open at 6:30PM, show starts at 7PM, Saturday, September 26Avalon’s Fall Volunteer Dune Grass Planting, meet at 8:30AM at Avalon Community Hall for coffee, donuts & a planting demo, 9AM start of planting, return to Community Hall at noon for a free lunch, register by 9/28 with Sue Keen at 609-967-5924, Saturday, October 3 (rain date – Sunday, October 4)
- Cape May County Zoo Night Walk, after hours tour of the zoo, 6:30-8:30PM, Friday, October 9
- Avalon Home & Land Owners Association Meeting, Karen DeRosa of CASA speaking on programs providing care for abused & neglected children, Avalon Senior Center, 10AM, Saturday, October 10
- Avalon Chamber of Commerce Seafood Festival, food, music, beer & wine, kids’ activities, more, 30th Street parking lot,10AM-5PM, Saturday & Sunday, October 10 & 11
- Big Band Dance, John Clark’s Little Big Band, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, October 10
- Stone Harbor Lions Club Memorial Pancake Breakfast, Uncle Bill’s Pancake House, 304-96th Street, 8AM-Noon, Saturday, October 17
- Boo at the Zoo, family friendly activities all day long, costume contest, craft stations, children’s amusement rides, magic show, Cape May County Zoo, 10AM-2PM, Saturday, October 17
- Avalon Lions Club Pasta Night Fundraiser, Windrift Hotel, 5-8PM, Sunday October 18
- Stone Harbor’s Harvest Festival, hayrides, pumpkin decorating, trick or treating in the shops, 96th Street Shopping District,11AM-5PM, Saturday, October 24
- Cape May County Zoo Adults Only Night Walk, quiet after hours tour of the zoo, 6:30-8:30PM, Saturday, October 24
- Snow Leopard Day at the Cape May County Zoo, programs, activities & zookeeper talks regarding snow leopards, 11AM-2PM, Sunday, October 25
Just 2 blocks from the widest section of Avalon’s beaches, this stunning, 5 bedroom townhome also has bay/wetlands & sunset views. There is lots of room in this 3-story property with a garage. Just bring your bathing suits; this winner is in perfect move-in condition.
South-end Stone Harbor beach front just reduced by $600K, to under assessed value. Enjoy magnificent ocean views in front of the widest section of Stone Harbor’s beaches. This beautiful D.L. Miner built home sits on a 60′ x 110′ lot and has a pool.
Walk to everything in town from this professionally decorated 5 bedroom home with a pool. Never been rented, this 2009 home is move-in ready and priced right.
159 20th St., Avalon, $1,780,000, MLS# 165643 – Under Contract
Just one block to the beach and walk to everything in town from this 5 bedroom home on a full-size lot. Hardwood floors, upgraded kitchen and room for a pool, this home is priced right. Want to rent? This property had over $80K income this season.
Just listed, this is the only available unit in The Avalon condos at 700 First Ave. This popular building has a large pool and inlet views from the condo.
Tucked away with a bay view, but close to the beach & restaurants, this professionally decorated stunning home with a pool is a winner! Take a look at the photos.
Enjoy the wonderful unobstructed bay/wetlands/sunset views from this renovated townhouse located at the end of a private drive. Wide decks, 2 floating docks and two boat slips. Just reduced.
290 79th St., #15, Avalon, $535,000, ACTIVE MLS# 164268 – Under Contract
Stone Harbor bayfront just reduced by $300K. This recently remodeled property opposite the Yacht Club of Stone Harbor, is now priced under assessed land value. Enjoy bayfront living in this house or build your dream house. This is a great bay for swimming.
9011 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,495,000, MLS# 159494 – Under Contract
This 4 bedroom/3.5 bath Stone Harbor townhouse is surprising, it feels like a single-family home, without the single-family home price. The location is convenient to town, restaurants, and the beach. Take a look!
7 Seabass Lane, Avalon Manor, $460,000, SOLD MLS#: 161831
70 W 13th Street, Avalon, $520,000, SOLD MLS#: 164222
76 W 28th Street 102, Avalon, $535,000, SOLD MLS#: 164175
286 16th Street – Unit #3, Avalon, $536,725, SOLD MLS#: 164761
274 13th Street, Avalon, $585,000, SOLD MLS#: 160962
623 21st Street Street, Avalon, $675,000, SOLD MLS#: 162495
2026 Sixth Avenue, Avalon, $700,000, SOLD MLS#: 163488
244 22nd Street, Avalon, $854,400, SOLD MLS#: 163357
479 24th Street, Avalon, $1,360,000, SOLD MLS#: 162874
589 Third Avenue, Avalon, $1,500,000, SOLD MLS#: 164643
669 Dune Drive, Avalon, $1,595,000, SOLD MLS#: 162130
216 6th Street, Avalon, $1,925,000, SOLD MLS#: 159428
181 65th Street, Avalon, $2,650,000, SOLD MLS#: 136937
4299 Dune Drive, Avalon, $3,375,000, SOLD MLS#: 161090