NOTICE SOMETHING DIFFERENT? I’ve moved to Ferguson Dechert Real Estate! It’s a good move for me; I wanted to be with a smaller privately owned office that specializes in the 7 Mile Island. I’m excited about working with the very professional staff at Ferguson Dechert, and continuing to serve you, my friends and clients. My cell phone will always remain the same, 703-622-3668. If you need anything, give me a call. As always, I’m here to help you with your real estate needs on our special island.
LABOR DAY WEEKEND saw beautiful weather and good crowds at the Shore! From beaches to restaurants, the three-day weekend was a wonderful end to an already-successful summer season. Long traffic backups were reported on local highways Monday afternoon–but it’s well worth it for a perfect weekend at the Shore!
STILL MORE TO COME: Even with the traditional summer season now past us, there’s still plenty more to look forward to here on the Island! From refreshing fall weather to great weekend events, be sure to take part in our “Second Summer,” which is about to begin! See the Upcoming Events list below!
UPGRADES TO AVALON’S electrical infrastructure began this week at the Peermont Substation between Dune and Ocean Drives and 60th & 61st Streets. Work will continue at the site through Spring 2016 and is expected to be completed before Memorial Day. At the same time, utility pole replacement will occur along portions of Ocean Drive.
CHUBBY CHECKER DID THE TWIST in Wildwood over the weekend as the city paid tribute to him and the song he first sang there 55 years ago. A mural was unveiled by the city celebrating Chubby Checker and “The Twist,” which played over loud speakers as Checker and his family looked on.
Ospreys are often seen nesting or hunting for food in the marshes. Thanks to Long & Foster friend Joseph Van Thuyne for sending us this picture, which he shot from his kayak.
STONE HARBOR FIREFIGHTERS battled a blaze at a Bayfront home on Golden Gate Road on Labor Day afternoon. Thirty Stone Harbor firefighters were assisted by Avalon, Cape May Court House, Rio Grande, and Upper Township fire companies for nearly three hours. No injuries were reported.
A smoky fire on Golden Gate Road on Monday was extinguished by the Stone Harbor Fire Department with the help of surrounding fire companies. Photo from Stone Harbor Fire Department.
FALL MIGRATION FESTIVAL: The Wetlands Institute will host its annual Fall Migration Festival on September 19th & 20th from 9:30am to 4pm. Live presentations, nature walks, boat and kayak tours, plus games and activities are all included. For tickets or more information visit The Wetlands Institute.
DUNE GRASS PLANTING is scheduled for Saturday, October 3rd at 8:30am in Avalon. Help give back to the Island by volunteering to help plant dune grass seedlings, which stabilize the dunes and protect the Island! Volunteers should meet at Avalon Community Hall at 8:30am for coffee, donuts, and a brief demonstration of planting technique. 10,000 seedlings will be planted, so many volunteers are needed! If your group or organization would like to volunteer please call Sue Keen at 609-967-5924 or Chuck McDonnell at 609-967-3066 by September 28th. Volunteers will receive lunch at 12 noon. If necessary more planting will take place at 1pm.
– Stone Harbor’s 9/11 Remembrance Ceremony, near the Stone Harbor Firehouse on 96th Street at Freedom Park, 11AM, Friday, September 11
– Stone Harbor Property Owners Association Fall Meeting, Stone Harbor Elementary School, 8:30AM coffee social, 9AM meeting, Saturday, September 12
– Avalon Home & Land Owners Association Meeting, Chuck McDonnell, Director of Avalon Recreation Department speaking, Avalon Senior Center, 10AM, Saturday, September 12
– Stone Harbor’s Go Green Fair, 94th Street & Second Avenue, 11AM-2PM, Saturday, September 12
– Barefoot Ball benefiting Helen L. Diller Vacation Home for Blind Children, Windrift Hotel, 5-8:30PM, Saturday, September 12
– Big Band Dance, Avalon’s Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday September 12
– 19th Annual Nuns’ Beach Surf Contest, 111th Street beach in Stone Harbor, call 609-368-5290 for info, 7AM, Saturday, September 19
– Wetlands Institute Fall Migration Festival, see, explore, learn & enjoy with guided viewing of migratory birds both at the Institute & on Seven Mile Island, 9:30AM-4:30PM, Saturday & Sunday, September 19th & 20th
– New Jersey Firefighter’s Convention Parade, New Jersey Avenue, the Wildwoods, 1pm, Saturday, September 19th
– Creative Writing Seminar, tips & feedback on poetry, memoirs, short stories, articles & books, register at 609-967-7155, Avalon Public Library, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, September 19
– Stone Harbor’s Savor September Food, Wine & Beer Festival, crafts, fun for the kids, fire pits, lots more, 96th Street shopping area, Noon-8PM, Saturday September 19 (Rain Date Sunday, September 20)
– Irish Fall Festival, North Wildwood, September 24-27
– Avalon’s Performing Arts Council Cabaret Night, Billy Joel Tribute, Avalon’s Community Hall, doors open at 6:30PM, show starts at 7PM, Saturday, September 26
– Avalon Home & Land Owners Association Meeting, Karen DeRosa of CASA speaking on programs providing care for abused & neglected children, Avalon Senior Center, 10AM, Saturday, October 10
– Avalon Chamber of Commerce Seafood Festival, food, music, beer & wine, kids’ activities, more, 30th Street parking lot, 10AM-5PM, Saturday & Sunday, October 10 & 11
– Big Band Dance, John Clark’s Little Big Band, Avalon Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, October 10
Stone Harbor Lions Club Memorial Pancake Breakfast, Uncle Bill’s Pancake House, 304-96th Street, 8AM-Noon, Saturday, October 17
– Boo at the Zoo, family friendly activities all day long, costume contest, craft stations, children’s amusement rides, magic show, Cape May County Zoo, 10AM-2PM, Saturday, October 17
– Avalon Lions Club Pasta Night Fundraiser, Windrift Hotel, 5-8PM, Sunday October 18
– Stone Harbor’s Harvest Festival, hayrides, pumpkin decorating, trick or treating in the shops, 96th Street Shopping District, 11AM-5PM, Saturday, October 24
– Cape May County Zoo Adults Only Night Walk, quiet after hours tour of the zoo, 6:30-8:30PM, Saturday, October 24
– Snow Leopard Day at the Cape May County Zoo, programs, activities & zookeeper talks regarding snow leopards, 11AM-2PM, Sunday, October 25
South-end Stone Harbor beach front just reduced by $600K, to under assessed value. Enjoy magnificent ocean views in front of the widest section of Stone Harbor’s beaches. This beautiful D.L. Miner built home sits on a 60′ x 110′ lot and has a pool.
Walk to everything in town from this professionally decorated 5 bedroom home with a pool. Never been rented, this 2009 home is move-in ready and priced right.
159 20th St., Avalon, $1,780,000, MLS# 165643 – Under Contract
Just one block to the beach and walk to everything in town from this 5 bedroom home on a full-size lot. Hardwood floors, upgraded kitchen and room for a pool, this home is priced right. Want to rent? This property had over $80K income this season.
Just listed, this is the only available unit in The Avalon condos at 700 First Ave. This popular building has a large pool and inlet views from the condo.
Tucked away with a bay view, but close to the beach & restaurants, this professionally decorated stunning home with a pool is a winner! Take a look at the photos.
Unusually large 75′ x 110′ lot, second back from the beach, this DL Miner built custom home has a large pool, garage, and great ocean views.
286 16th St., Unit #3, Avalon, $535,000, ACTIVE MLS# 164761 – Under Contract
Enjoy the wonderful unobstructed bay/wetlands/sunset views from this renovated townhouse located at the end of a private drive. Wide decks, 2 floating docks and two boat slips. Just reduced.
290 79th St., #15, Avalon, $535,000, ACTIVE MLS# 164268 – Under Contract
New beach front opportunity! Just listed, build your dream house with a pool, enjoy spectacular ocean views & sunrises. Leave your car parked and walk into town. This full size 50′ x 110′ flag lot includes an extra 600 sq. ft. that allows for a pool. The CAFRA application for construction is underway. Call me to discuss this end-user opportunity.
86 E 24th St., Avalon, $2,950,000, MLS# 163615 – Under Contract
Stone Harbor bayfront just reduced by $300K. This recently remodeled property opposite the Yacht Club of Stone Harbor, is now priced under assessed land value. Enjoy bayfront living in this house or build your dream house. This is a great bay for swimming.
9011 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,495,000, MLS# 159494 – Under Contract
This 4 bedroom/3.5 bath Stone Harbor townhouse is surprising, it feels like a single-family home, without the single-family home price. The location is convenient to town, restaurants, and the beach. Take a look!
675 21st Street 1st Floor, Avalon, $300,000, SOLD MLS#: 165239
675 21st Street, 2nd Floor, Avalon, $300,000, SOLD MLS#: 165240
14 First Drive, Stone Harbor Manor, $335,000, SOLD MLS#: 124655
11 First Drive, Stone Harbor Manor, $335,000, SOLD MLS#: 124654
384 94th Street, Stone Harbor, $468,000, SOLD MLS#: 158983
1114 Stone Harbor Blvd #103, Stone Harbor Manor, $500,000, SOLD MLS#: 159884
316 83rd Street, Stone Harbor, $770,000, SOLD MLS#: 161132
155 98th Street, Stone Harbor, $999,000, SOLD MLS#: 164405
161 22nd Street, Avalon, $999,000, SOLD MLS#: 164025
261 49th Street, Avalon, $1,238,500, SOLD MLS#: 165315
2664 First Avenue, Avalon, $1,825,000, SOLD MLS#: 163675
98 Pelican Drive, Avalon, $2,500,000, SOLD MLS#: 164712
413 20th Street, Avalon, $2,500,000, SOLD MLS#: 165626
10725 Sunset Drive, Stone Harbor, $3,118,750, SOLD MLS#: 160267