THE SECOND SUMMER…those lucky enough to be here on the Island during the months of September and October know that it’s the best kept secret around! The next couple of months will bring us warm days & cool nights, smaller crowds, and an opportunity to enjoy all the traditional summer activities at a more relaxed pace. As the peak summer season winds down, say hello to our “Second Summer!”
THE MIDATLANTIC Fishing Tournament concluded with more than 600 fish caught last week. Most were released, but gracing the scales were a 566lb. blue marlin, a 199lb. tuna , and a 77lb. white marlin. The white marlin was worth more than $700,000 in prize money, representing more than a quarter of the total prize payout, and was landed by a boat from Brooklyn, NY.
FULL MOON PADDLING—LAST CHANCE! Catch the setting sun and the rising full moon, while paddling a kayak through the back bay! The Wetlands Institute holds the last of its Full Moon Paddling tours Thursday & Friday, August 27th & 28th. What a great way to experience nature’s beauty from a different perspective! Visit www.WetlandsInstitute.
MORE WORK ON THE TOWNSEND’S INLET BRIDGE will occur this winter. The bridge will be closed again so the roadway on the Avalon side can be rebuilt to better withstand wave action encountered during storms. A complete closure is expected for about two months during the winter.
TWO GREAT AIRSHOWS will be in the area next week. First up is Thunder Over the Boardwalk in Atlantic City on Wednesday, September 2nd, which will feature four hours of aerial performances, including a United States Air Force F-22 Raptor and the United States Navy Blue Angels. On Friday, September 4th Airfest lands at Naval Air Station Wildwood, with WWII-era aircraft flying in for the weekend display. For more information on the shows visit www.atlanticcityairshow.
THINKING ABOUT SELLING? If you’re considering placing your property on the market, contact me now to take advantage of the busy fall season! Not sure? You may be surprised to learn what your home is worth in the current market! Call me to find out!
- Pancake Breakfast at the Avalon Manor Community Hall at 581 Old Avalon Boulevard, $6 for coffee or tea, juice, sausage & all the pancakes you can eat, 7:30-10:30AM, Saturday, August 29
- Stone Harbor Sidewalk Sale, deals & sales, Stone Harbor Shopping District, 9AM-7PM, Saturday, August 29
- Guided Tour of the Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary, suitable for families, Egret Espy Path at 114th Street & 2nd Avenue,10AM, Saturday, August 29
- Worship on the Beach, St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, 101st Street Beach Pavilion, 5PM, Saturday, August 29
- Stone Harbor Farmers Market, Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, August 30
- Guided Tour of the Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary, suitable for families, Egret Espy Path at 114th Street & 2nd Avenue,10AM, Sunday, August 30
- Stone Harbor Family Night entertainment, Stone Harbor Firehouse, 7PM, Monday, August 31
- Stone Harbor Movie Night, bring your chair or blanket to view a family friendly movie, Stone Harbor Elementary School lawn, dusk, Wednesday, September 2
- Avalon Public Library iPad Workshop for beginners, call 609-967-7155 to register, 10AM-Noon, Saturday, September 5
- Stone Harbor’s Go Green Fair, 94th Street & Second Avenue, 11AM-2PM, Saturday, September 12
- Big Band Dance, Avalon’s Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday September 12
- 19th Annual Nuns’ Beach Surf Contest, 111th Street beach in Stone Harbor, call 609-368-5290 for info, 7AM, Saturday, September 19
- Wetlands Institute Fall Migration Festival, see, explore, learn & enjoy with guided viewing of migratory birds both at the Institute & on Seven Mile Island, 9:30AM-4:30PM, Saturday & Sunday, September 19th & 20th
- Stone Harbor’s Savor September Food, Wine & Beer Festival, crafts, fun for the kids, fire pits, lots more, 96th Street shopping area, Noon-8PM, Saturday September 19
- Avalon’s Performing Arts Council Cabaret Night, Billy Joel Tribute, Avalon’s Community Hall, 7PM, Saturday, September 26
- Avalon Chamber of Commerce Seafood Festival, food, music, beer & wine, kids activities, more, 30th Street parking lot, 10AM-5PM, Saturday & Sunday, October 10 & 11
Just one block to the beach and walk to everything in town from this 5 bedroom home on a full-size lot. Hardwood floors, upgraded kitchen and room for a pool, this home is priced right. Want to rent? This property had over $80K income this season.
Just listed, this is the only available unit in The Avalon condos at 700 First Ave. This popular building has a large pool and inlet views from the condo.
Build your beach block dream house on this large corner lot next to Stone Harbor’s widest section of beaches. Only four houses on this street, this listing has been reduced again to below assessed value. This is an opportunity!
Tucked away with a bay view, but close to the beach & restaurants, this professionally decorated stunning home with a pool is a winner! Take a look at the photos.
Build your Bayfront dream house on this 60 x 190 lot with unobstructed bay/wetlands/sunset views. Just reduced by $250K, the asking price is now less than the Borough assessment. Your new home will have no neighbor on its north side, as it sits across from Avalon Bay Park.
Unusually large 75′ x 110′ lot, second back from the beach, this DL Miner built custom home has a large pool, garage, and great ocean views.
286 16th St., Unit #3, Avalon, $535,000, ACTIVE MLS# 164761 – Under Contract
Enjoy the wonderful unobstructed bay/wetlands/sunset views from this renovated townhouse located at the end of a private drive. Wide decks, 2 floating docks and two boat slips. Just reduced.
290 79th St., #15, Avalon, $535,000, ACTIVE MLS# 164268 – Under Contract
New beach front opportunity! Just listed, build your dream house with a pool, enjoy spectacular ocean views & sunrises. Leave your car parked and walk into town. This full size 50′ x 110′ flag lot includes an extra 600 sq. ft. that allows for a pool. The CAFRA application for construction is underway. Call me to discuss this end-user opportunity.
86 E 24th St., Avalon, $2,950,000, MLS# 163615 – Under Contract
Stone Harbor bayfront just reduced by $300K. This recently remodeled property opposite the Yacht Club of Stone Harbor, is now priced under assessed land value. Enjoy bayfront living in this house or build your dream house. This is a great bay for swimming.
9011 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,495,000, MLS# 159494 – Under Contract
This 4 bedroom/3.5 bath Stone Harbor townhouse is surprising, it feels like a single-family home, without the single-family home price. The location is convenient to town, restaurants, and the beach. Take a look!
384 94th Street, Stone Harbor, $468,000, SOLD MLS#: 158983
10507 Second Avenue, Stone Harbor, $690,000, SOLD MLS#: 163835
3462 Ocean Drive, North, Avalon, $855,000, SOLD MLS#: 160965
2989 First Avenue, Avalon, $1,025,000, SOLD MLS#: 161234
323 80th Street, North Unit, Avalon, $1,150,000, SOLD MLS#: 162197
93 N Inlet Drive, Avalon, $1,500,000, SOLD MLS#: 162686
161 88th Street, Stone Harbor, $1,875,000, SOLD MLS#: 163903
245 101st Street, Stone Harbor, $2,200,000, SOLD MLS#: 162867
7354 Ocean Drive, Avalon, $3,000,000, SOLD MLS#: 161535