CAPE MAY COUNTY’S mid-summer tourism report indicates that the first half of the summer was a successful one. Occupancy was up, as were traffic counts on the Garden State Parkway and Atlantic City Expressway. Other indicators such as beach tag sales and parking meter revenues are up as well. In 2014 tourism expenditures in Cape May County reached $5.79 billion, a record that was up 5.2% over the prior year. Based on the strong 1st half report, things are looking positive for yet another increase this year.
AVALON MAYOR Martin Pagliughi addressed the Avalon Home and Landowners Association last Saturday at Community Hall. If you missed the Mayor’s presentation, you can view it here:
BAYFRONT DREDGING in Stone Harbor is expected to begin as soon as this fall, and the Borough is in the process of obtaining permits. The project will be done in phases over at least two years, due to the narrow time window in which dredging is allowed by the state. A Borough letter mailed to bayfront property owners indicates that private slips may be dredged in conjunction with the project, at the expense of the property owner.
SATURDAY NIGHT LIGHTS: Catch Stone Harbor’s Festival of Lights boat parade Saturday evening, as boats of all shapes and sizes parade along Stone Harbor’s entire waterfront, beginning at the Stone Harbor Yacht Club at 7:30pm. In addition to boats displaying lights and decorations, bayfront homes will be decorated as well. If you’d like to view the parade but don’t have a boat, Stone Harbor’s Municipal Marina at 81st & the bay and the fishing pier at 83rd & the bay are great spots to take it all in.
FLY A KITE, CATCH A FISH, walk on the beach at sunrise, try a new restaurant, play miniature golf, sip your morning coffee on the deck, dig in the sand, enjoy a glass of wine with friends…whatever is on your summer “to do” list, take time and do it! If you’d like to enjoy your favorite Island during the rest of the year, call me to begin your search for the perfect vacation home!
- Thursdays on Dune Concert, The Star Band performing, Avalon’s Veterans Plaza, 7PM, Thursday, August 13
- Concert on the Lawn, St. Mary’s Episcopal Church at 9425-3rd Avenue in Stone Harbor, 7:30PM, Thursday, August 13
- Come Swing With Us, The Summer Club, Avalon Community Hall, 8pm, Friday, August 14. For tickets visit www.SummerClubShows.com
- Pancake Breakfast at the Avalon Manor Community Hall at 581 Old Avalon Boulevard, $6 for coffee or tea, juice, sausage & all the pancakes you can eat, 7:30-10:30AM, Saturday, August 15 & every Saturday through Labor Day
- Guided Tour of the Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary, suitable for families, Egret Espy Path at 114th Street & 2nd Avenue, 10AM, Saturday, August 15
- ‘Wedding of the Sea,’ procession to the ocean for the blessing of the waters, St. Brendan the Navigator Parish at St. Paul’s Church in Stone Harbor, after the 10:30AM mass, Saturday, August 15
- Worship on the Beach, St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, 101st Street Beach Pavilion, 5PM, Saturday, August 15
- Bay Atlantic Symphony Concert, ‘Classically Viennese’, Avalon Elementary School, 7PM, Saturday, August 15
- Stone Harbor Yacht Club ‘Festival of Lights’ Boat Parade, 7:30PM line-up at Yacht Club, Saturday, August 15
- Come Swing With Us, The Summer Club, Cape May Convention Hall, 8pm, Saturday, August 15. For tickets visit www.SummerClubShows.com
- Stone Harbor Farmers Market, Water Tower Plaza, 8AM-12:30PM, Sunday, August 16
- Guided Tour of the Stone Harbor Bird Sanctuary, suitable for families, Egret Espy Path at 114th Street & 2nd Avenue, 10AM, Sunday, August 16
- St. Mary’s Episcopal Church Peach Festival, 9425-3rd Avenue in Stone Harbor, 6:30-8:30PM, Sunday, August 16
- Avalon’s Children’s Beach Day, 30th Street Beach Pavilion, 10-11AM, Monday, August 17
- Stone Harbor Family Night entertainment, Stone Harbor Firehouse, 7PM, Monday, August 17
- 4th Annual Reeds ‘n Seeds Event hosted by the Reeds at Shelter Haven, watermelon snacking, watermelon-eating contest & other fun, food focused entertainment, free admission, 10AM-1PM, Tuesday, August 18
- Stone Harbor’s Tuesday at the Tower concert series featuring ‘The Seabillies’, beer & wine garden on site, bring chairs, Water Tower Plaza, 7PM,Tuesday, August 18
- IPad Workshop at the Avalon Public Library, register by calling 967-7155, 5:30-7:30PM, Wednesday, August 19
- Stone Harbor Movie Night, bring your chair or blanket to view a family friendly movie, Stone Harbor Elementary School lawn, dusk, Wednesday, August 19
- Avalon Children’s Event, Avalon School Gym, 11AM, Thursday, August 20
- Thursdays on Dune Concert, ‘Steel 30’ performing at Avalon’s Veterans Plaza, 7PM, Thursday, August 20
Just listed, this is the only available unit in The Avalon condos at 700 First Ave. This popular building has a large pool and inlet views from the condo.
Build your beach block dream house on this large corner lot next to Stone Harbor’s widest section of beaches. Only four houses on this street, this listing has been reduced again to below assessed value. This is an opportunity!
Tucked away with a bay view, but close to the beach & restaurants, this professionally decorated stunning home with a pool is a winner! Take a look at the photos.
Build your Bayfront dream house on this 60 x 190 lot with unobstructed bay/wetlands/sunset views. Just reduced by $250K, the asking price is now less than the Borough assessment. Your new home will have no neighbor on its north side, as it sits across from Avalon Bay Park.
Unusually large 75′ x 110′ lot, second back from the beach, this DL Miner built custom home has a large pool, garage, and great ocean views.
286 16th St., Unit #3, Avalon, $535,000, ACTIVE MLS# 164761 – Under Contract
Enjoy the wonderful unobstructed bay/wetlands/sunset views from this renovated townhouse located at the end of a private drive. Wide decks, 2 floating docks and two boat slips. Just reduced.
323 80th St., North Unit, Avalon, $1,195,000, MLS# 162197 – Under Contract
Just listed, this 2nd floor condo has been completely renovated. 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, the price is right and it’s just like new. Take a look at the photos.
Do you love sitting on outdoor decks? If so, this is the house for you! This corner lot property, tucked away in a quiet Stone Harbor neighborhood, has two levels of covered wrap around decks with sun sets and bay views. I know the house well; this is a very high-end, beautifully decorated, move-in ready home. Take a look at the photos.
New beach front opportunity! Just listed, build your dream house with a pool, enjoy spectacular ocean views & sunrises. Leave your car parked and walk into town. This full size 50′ x 110′ flag lot includes an extra 600 sq. ft. that allows for a pool. The CAFRA application for construction is underway. Call me to discuss this end-user opportunity.
86 E 24th St., Avalon, $2,950,000, MLS# 163615 – Under Contract
Stone Harbor bayfront just reduced by $300K. This recently remodeled property opposite the Yacht Club of Stone Harbor, is now priced under assessed land value. Enjoy bayfront living in this house or build your dream house. This is a great bay for swimming.
9011 Third Avenue, Stone Harbor, $1,495,000, MLS# 159494 – Under Contract
This 4 bedroom/3.5 bath Stone Harbor townhouse is surprising, it feels like a single-family home, without the single-family home price. The location is convenient to town, restaurants, and the beach. Take a look!
9511 Sunset Drive #302, Stone Harbor, $227,500, SOLD MLS#: 158482
530 21st Street, Avalon, $550,000, SOLD MLS#: 164233
1100 Ocean Drive #207, Avalon, $812,500, SOLD MLS#: 157127
278 93rd Street, Stone Harbor, $1,215,000, SOLD MLS#: 160475
241 109th St, Stone Harbor, $1,275,000, SOLD MLS#: 165085
261 52nd Street, Avalon, $1,450,000, SOLD MLS#: 162131